Wednesday 3 October 2012

Critical Investigation Post

My presentation was

My first thoughts for my critical investigation are to explore an issue surrounding The Only Way is Essex. I would probably explore representation, including; class issues and the socio-economic aspect of the. On one hand people say that the show is badly representative of the Essex population whereas the oppositional reading would be that they’re quite successful in life as they live in quite an affluent and wealthy area. Another issue I could explore is the rise of constructed reality/“dramaility” TV.

Possible ideas for my linked production piece are to do a documentary that explores these issues, or a “mockumentary”. If I was to do print media – I could create an article that puts quite an academic twist on something that it seen as so superficial and looked down on.

No comments:

Post a Comment